This course introduces trainers and assessors to core language, literacy and numeracy issues in training and assessment practice. The course provides you with the skills and knowledge required to recognise the core language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) demands of training and assessment, and to tailor training and assessment to suit individual skill levels, including accessing relevant support resources.
In July 2014 the unit of competence TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills became a core unit for the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110. All trainers who don’t already hold this unit will need to add it to maintain the validity of their qualification.
1 Day Face to Face
- Determine LLN skill requirements of the training specification
- Identify and analyse the LLN skill requirements essential to workplace performance
- Determine the LLN skills of the learner group from validated tools and other sources
- Identify resources to support LLN skill development
- Use learning and assessment materials to support identified LLN requirements, customising where necessary
- Apply learning support strategies in training delivery appropriate to LLN requirements and learner group
- Determine assessment strategies appropriate to LLN requirements and learner group
- Review course demands and learner profile to determine if specialist LLN support is required
- Access specialist LLN support where available
- Integrate specialist LLN support into training or assessment practice where required
- Seek feedback on learning support provided and assessment strategies used
- Evaluate learning support and assessment strategies used
- Determine areas for improvement based on evaluation
There are no entry requirements for this course however, you must have a good understanding of the English language as unit material is only available in English. You must be able to read, write and interpret documents as you may be required to complete assessment tasks such as short/long answer questions and write more complex documents such as essays.
There is no legislative requirement for refresher training for any units of competency from National Training Packages.
This unit of competence will be assessed. The assessment will be based on the principles of CBT (competency-based training). A successful outcome for this certificate will be determined by a range of different methods including written submission of work, observation of simulated and practical activities, structured questioning or discussions.
This Unit of Competency forms part of the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. On successful completion of this workshop, individuals will be issued with;
- TAELLN411 (Address Adult language, literacy and numeracy skills) unit of competency via a statement of attainment.
Training and Assessment delivered under the auspices and in partnership arrangement on behalf of Health Security & Education Pty Ltd RTO 40907