The course is aimed at all workers carrying out construction work, including: self-employed persons, labourers, apprentices, trades-persons, supervisors and project managers. Students will learn the basic principles of health and safety in the construction industry as well as information about preventing workplace injury and illness, workplace injury management and workers compensation.
This White Card Course will replace a range of state systems operating different coloured cards (Blue, Green, Red) and regulatory bodies. The transition of this to the National White Card will take place in each state at different times
The unit of competency is called CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry. This has been developed to meet the requirements of the National Code of Practice for Induction for Construction Work.
- 1 Day Face to Face
Construction Induction training covers Work Health and Safety related topics, such as:
- WHS legislative requirements
- Construction hazards and control measures
- WHS communication and reporting processes
- WHS incident response procedures
Construction Induction training is required for:
- All persons who carry out construction work, including site managers and supervisors, surveyors, labourers and trades persons
- All persons who access operational construction zones unaccompanied or not directly supervised by an inducted person
- All persons whose employment causes them to routinely enter operational construction zones
There are currently no prerequisites.
There is no expiry on the White Card License. It is advised that you maintain currency through employment and practice of OHS Requirement.
All students are required to competently complete the theory assessment. The theory assessment includes a multiple choice paper at the end of the training. If a competent mark is not scored, the student will have to re-enrol into the course and pay the full course fee.
Successful participants will receive a WorkCover Statement of Training. This certificate is valid for 60 days. The actual Card is issued and sent by NSW WorkCover usually within a 30 period. This course is accredited and Nationally Recognised Training CPCCOHS1001A – Work Safely in the Construction Industry.
Training and Assessment delivered under the auspices and in partnership arrangement on behalf of Health Security & Education Pty Ltd RTO 40907