Supervise work in Confined Spaces course is for supervisors who will be responsible for supervising work in confined space. It includes: preparing for work; providing information; ensuring that the safety personnel entering and working in a confined space is not affected; supervising entry and work; implementing emergency and rescue systems; and withdrawing from confined space and facilitate return to service.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and Industry sectors. Relevant information must be sourced prior to application of the unit.
Course Cost $260.00 per person | Group Bookings also available
1 Day Face to Face
Pre-requisite RIIWHS202D – Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
- Prepare for the task and develop safe operating procedures
- Prepare required permits
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision
- Carry out hazard identification and risk assessment and implement effective control measures
- Determine working at heights requirements
- Test and maintain processes and controls
- Select appropriate emergency rescue equipment and liaise with external emergency services agencies
- Withdraw from the confined space and facilitate return to service activities
The target group for this course is any person that supervises work in and around confined spaces. It includes: preparing for work; providing information; ensuring that the safety and health of personnel entering and working in a confined space is not affected; supervising entry and work; implementing emergency and rescue systems; and withdrawing from confined space and facilitate return to service.
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSAPMOHS217A Gas test atmospheres
- MSAPMPER300C Issue work permits
There is no legislative requirement for refresher training for any units of competency from National Training Packages. It is however, suggested that refresher training be conducted every 3 years. This refresher training is at the discretion of the employer.
Assessment for this unit of competency will be by simulation of work place practices. Assessment will occur over a range of situations and will be conducted through actual demonstration of competencies, written and oral testing of underpinning knowledge.
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for;
- RIIWHS401D Supervise Work in Confined Spaces
Training and Assessment delivered under the auspices and in partnership arrangement on behalf of Health Security & Education Pty Ltd RTO 40907